Assistant Controller Ad
KE&G Construction, Inc. is a General Contractor that specializes in road and site work construction, underground utilities, development, transportation infrastructure, mining, and much more in Arizona. KE&G has built many long terms valued relationships with Governmental Agencies and our clients, the finest General Contractor and most reputable. We are seeking a proactive, hands-on Assistant Controller with strong analytical and problem-solving skills to join their team. This position reports directly to the Controller and is responsible for supervising accounting personnel and oversight and review of all accounts payable, accounts receivable and financial reporting related activities. The Assistant Controller will work closely with Vendors, Accounting, Purchasing and Field personnel and must ensure timely job costing, financial reporting, disbursements and funding. We are 100% employee-owned and offer many great benefits. We are an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer, and we encourage minorities and women to apply for all positions. The ideal candidate for this position should have the following credentials:
- Ensures construction billings are accurate and in compliance with contracts and company policy.
- Ensures accounts payable is processed correctly and with proper documentation.
- Ensures accurate and timely monthly, quarterly, and year-end close processes.
- Looks for process and technology improvements.
- Maintains effective internal controls.
- Resolves accounting discrepancies and irregularities.
- Accurately records and analyzes revenues and expenses.
- Tracks and records operating costs, costs of sales, construction development, overhead, etc.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, or related field
- Minimum of 3+ years of accounting experience
- Working knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Commercial construction or similar position experience
- Viewpoint experience preferred
- MS Office advanced computer skills
- Strong problem solving, critical thinking, and analytical skills
- Outstanding attention to detail and organizational skills
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively including excellent written and oral communication skills