KE&G Construction Inc. is one of southern Arizona’s leading construction companies that specializes in underground utilities, heavy/civil transportation projects, paving, bridges, concrete work, and dirt work. We currently have an opening for an entry level field engineer. KE&G is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages women and minorities to apply for all open positions . The ideal candidate for this job should have the following credentials:
- Graduate from an accredited college or university with a minimum of a Bachelor of Science degree in Civil Engineering, Construction Engineering or Construction Management
- Must possess functional knowledge of Microsoft Operating Systems and Office products.
- Must be able to lift and carry a minimum of 50 lbs.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and an acceptable past driving related history.
- Must be drug-free and be able to pass pre-employment and subsequent random drug screenings.
- Must be willing to work in both indoor and outdoor environments.
- Must be willing to relocate to Southern Arizona.
- Each candidate is expected to have a positive attitude and be able to work with his/her fellow employees.
- Must be able to effectively communicate via written and oral communication as well as having well developed interpersonal skills.
- Have exceptional organizational skills and a take-charge attitude, with the ability to respond quickly and effectively under pressure and deadlines.
- Be able to work independently as well as in a team environment.
- Implementation of Company and Project Safety Plans
- Assist field teams with safety and technical needs
- Development of Hazard Risk Analysis matrix
- Training and Onboarding coordination
- Production tracking and reporting
- Material procurement
- Coordination and communication with Owner’s Rep and Safety Team
- Use of digital terrain modeling software in order to establish existing vs. design earthwork-related quantities.
- Development and estimation of material quantities required for construction.
- Field verification of production quantities and rates of production.
- Monitor and track quality control issues of various materials related to the construction of various projects.
- Verification of material deliveries for conformance to project plans and specifications.
- Preparing and tracking project submittals.
- Under the direction of supervisory staff, assess structural and earthen materials with respect to allowable design loadings and their safe use by field personnel.
- Coordinate / schedule subcontractors and material deliveries.
- Assist Project Managers with pay applications, job forecasting, change orders, etc.
- Prior to project start, obtain all necessary permitting, have jobsite bluestaked (utilities located), review bid, plans and specifications.
- Heavy Civil and/or Industrial Construction
- MSHA / OSHA
- Read and understand project documents including plans, specifications, special provisions, etc.
- Have been responsible for safety of crews and safety plan development is preferred.
- Experience with Heavy Job system is a plus.
- Working knowledge of cost codes and budgets.