KE&G Construction Inc. is one of southern Arizona’s leading heavy-civil contractors. We currently have an opening for an entry-level Field Engineer. KE&G is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages women and minorities to apply for all open positions. The ideal candidate for this job should have the following credentials:
- Highly motivated with an overwhelming desire to learn and advance your career as an employee-owner.
- KE&G will provide all necessary training to help you Build Your Future and excel at KE&G.
- Graduate from an accredited college or university with a minimum of a Bachelor of Science degree in Civil Engineering, Construction Engineering, Construction Management, or 4 years equivalent construction experience.
- Should possess functional knowledge of Microsoft Operating Systems and Office products.
- A valid driver’s license with an acceptable past driving related history.
- This is a safety-sensitive position, you will need to pass a pre-employment and subsequent random drug screenings.
- Ability to work in both indoor and outdoor environments.
- Must be able to lift and carry a minimum of 50 lbs.
- Each candidate is expected to have a positive attitude and be able to work with fellow employee-owners.
- Must be able to communicate via written and oral communication effectively.
- Have exceptional organizational skills and a take-charge attitude.
- Be able to work independently as well as in a team environment.
- Implementation of Company and Project Safety Plans
- Assist field teams with safety and technical needs
- Working with the project team, help develop a Hazard Risk Analysis Matrix
- Training and Onboarding scheduling
- Production tracking and reporting
- Material procurement
- Coordination and communication with the project and safety team.
- Development and estimation of material quantities required for construction.
- Field verification of production quantities and rates of production.
- Monitor and track quality control issues of various materials related to the construction of various projects.
- Verification of material deliveries for conformance to project plans and specifications.
- Preparing and tracking project submittals.
- Coordinate and schedule subcontractors and material deliveries.
- Assist Project Managers with pay applications, job forecasting, change orders, etc.
- Prior to project start, obtain all necessary permitting, responsible for bluestake (utilities locate), review bid, plans and specifications.
- Heavy Civil and/or Industrial Construction
- Read and understand project documents, including plans, specifications, special provisions, etc.
- Experience with Heavy Job system is a plus.