KE&G Construction, Inc. is a General Contractor that specializes in road and site work construction, underground utilities, development, transportation infrastructure, mining, and much more in Arizona. The position involves travel, the first project will be a 3.5 yr Federal project in El Paso, Texas. After completion, the candidate may be stationed out of our main office in Tucson, AZ or move to other projects as needed. The ideal candidate for this position should have the following credentials:
- Heavy Civil project experience with emphasis on structural concrete.
- 5 years as a project superintendent with previous successful Federal experience.
- Be knowledgeable in all areas of civil construction.
- Thorough knowledge of construction techniques, means, and methods
- Ability to read and understand plans and specifications
- Ability to layout project
- Proactively identify and solve issues
- Be able to run projects with minimal oversight
- Manage job schedule
- Monitor project costs regarding budget
- Supervise and manage crew/subcontractors in all phases of project construction
- Develop and maintain courteous and effective working relationships with clients, vendors and/or any other representatives of external organizations.
- Identifying and solving conflicts before they arise
- Plans, organizes, directs, coordinates, and reports the construction project activities daily
- Responsible to manage employees and subcontractors to ensure the project scope is built in full conformance with the plans, specifications, schedule, and budget.
- Responsible for construction, management of subcontractors, installation, schedule, logistics, safety, quality and constructability of all aspects of projects
- Promote job safety, safe work practices and make sure subcontractors comply
- Hold daily toolbox meetings
- Ensure compliance with company procedures.
- Perform other required tasks as needed.
- Each candidate is expected to have a positive attitude and be able to work with his/her fellow employees and subordinates.
- Must be able to effectively communicate via written and verbal communication as well as having well developed interpersonal skills.
- Have exceptional organizational skills and a take-charge attitude, with the ability to respond quickly and effectively under pressure and deadlines.
- Must be able to work independently as well as in a team environment.
- Strong level of discretion, professionalism, and attention to detail
- Must be punctual.
KE&G is a 100% employee-owned company that offers each employee a unique opportunity to prosper. KE&G offers an extensive benefit package that includes company stock ownership interest, 401k plan, health, dental, vision, life and disability insurance options as well as other voluntary employee benefits. We also offer Personal Time Off (PTO) benefits. KE&G is drug free and is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage minorities and women to apply for all positions.