Director of Communications Ad
KE&G Construction, Inc. a growing Arizona based General Contractor specializing in Heavy Highway / Civil construction is seeking an experienced Director of Communications to help build our brand and grow our company. The Director of Communications is responsible for managing and directing KE&G's internal and external communications. The Director of Communications works closely with management, staff and marketing coordinator to develop proposals, presentations, advertising, and employee communications, among other tasks. KE&G is a 100% employee-owned (ESOP) and we offer many great benefits. We are an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer, and we encourage minorities and women to apply for all positions.
- Enhance articulation of KE&G's desired image and position, assuring consistency and cohesiveness of the brand.
- Reflect, articulate, and promote the mission, vision, values, and identity of KE&G.
- Develop, coordinate, implement and measure comprehensive marketing, communications, and media strategies that successfully deliver information and key messages to the employees and public.
- Assist in developing the marketing department's strategic plan.
- Provide support and guidance to the management team and manage Marketing staff.
- Interface directly with media and handle all media requests. Act as the KE&G representative with the media.
- Empower the marketing team to identify innovative approaches to enhance company performance.
- Keep abreast of changing and new trends in the industry.
- Maintains a consistent adherence to the company divisions and operational objectives, particularly as it relates to proposals.
- Writing—assist in responding to RFPs; draft, update and maintain marketing and business development materials including, manager bios, brochures, advertising, and related content. Assist in all internal company event planning, especially working closely with the ESOP Communications Committee and the current Committee Chair.
- Develop regular social media campaigns sharing companywide information.
The ideal candidate for this position should have the following credentials:
Essential Skills, Experience & Abilities:
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and conflict resolution skills.
- Must be a team builder and team player.
- Must have the ability to relate professionally to all levels of staff, management, clientele, etc.
- Prior experience working in the marketing or communications field, ideally in construction.
- A proven strategic thinker who will embrace working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Knowledge of digital marketing including digital apps, email, social & paid media, website.
- Knowledge of search engine optimization (SEO) practices and principles.
- Technical writing skills, or the ability to edit any type of communication plans.
- Graphic design proficiency, or knowledge of using InDesign, WordPress and other software to develop marketing campaigns.
This is a full-time, salaried position. Work generally follows a typical Monday-Friday schedule, but occasional after-hours and/or weekend work may be required.
It is the policy of KE&G Construction, Inc. to assure that applicants are employed, and that employees are treated during employment, without regard to their race, religion, sex, color, national origin, age or disability. Such action shall include employment, upgrading, demotion, or transfer, recruitment or recruitment advertising; layoff or termination; rates of pay or other forms of compensation; and selection for training, including apprenticeship, pre-apprenticeship, and/or on-the job training.