Description: A KE&G Employee Development Coordinator is responsible for coordinating the Operating Engineer Apprentice Program with the State of Arizona as well as internal program functions. Identifies new potential apprentice programs to facilitate recruitment and retention of staff. Creates and facilitates learning and development plans for all KE&G employees.
- Take lead responsibility for overseeing the Operating Engineer Apprentice Program and ensuring State guidelines are followed.
- Coordinates internal Apprentice program functions with Apprentice employees, KE&G Foreman/Superintendent Mentors, and KE&G instructors.
- Develop Apprentice Program Syllabus and coordinates room schedules, materials, and curriculum.
- Tracks Apprenticeship OJT and RIT Hours and facilitates continuous progress.
- Take lead responsibility for implementing and tracking an employee development program for all KE&G staff including Project Engineers, Project Managers/Estimators, Field Engineers, Superintendents, Foreman, Leadman, Operators, Concrete workers, pipelayers, GIS Staff and Surveyors, Office staff, etc…
- Coordinates specialized training with outside vendors or other technical experts
- Evaluates and recommends new or revised training programs to management.
- Monitors individual employee development plans and resources are met and provides assistance when needed.
- Creates, schedules, and confirms class attendance and oversees reports of learning progress.
- Develops productive relationships with JTED, Pima Community College, Pima County One Stop, and other local agenceis to maintain an effective skill-based talent resource.
- Develop and teach orientation/communication and other required courses for Apprentice Program
- Identifies new apprenticeship programs and works to implement programs with state requirements (i.e. Mechanical, Concrete, etc..)
- Perform other job related duties as needed
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
· Knowledge of organizational development, communications, leadership, employee development.
· Knowledge of Outlook, Excel, Powerpoint, and learning management systems
· Skill in organizing workload, being proactive, and managing a wide variety of employee development issues with minimal supervision and direction.
· Ability to establish and maintain effective relationships and communications with co-workers, supervisors, safety professionals, and others.
- Ability to work collaboratively with a team in a fast-paced and complex environment.
Minimum of 5 years of related work experience. Bachelors degree in related field a plus.
Must have a valid Arizona Driver’s License
Must successfully pass Drug Screen at all times
KE&G provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws. KE&G complies with applicable state and local laws governing non discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. The policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training, apprenticeship, and/or on-the-job training.
This job description is intended to indicate the basic nature of position and examples of typical duties that may be assigned. It does not imply that all positions within the job description perform all of the duties listed, nor does it necessarily list all possible duties that may be assigned.