We are pleased to announce the opening of four (4) KE&G Apprenticeship positions. The Apprenticeship Program consists of 6000 hours of On the Job Learning and 432 hours of Related Instruction Training and is registered with the State of Arizona Apprenticeship, Office of the Department of Economic Security. The Apprenticeship Program teaches a variety of operating skill that we feel are necessary for the development of a resourceful journeyman Operating Engineer. Below is pertinent information about the position:
- The positions will be open starting 8:00 am Friday, September 10, 2021 and will close at 5:00 pm Thursday, September 23.
- Applicants must complete the Apprentice Program Application form, either electronically or using the paper application at headquarters. You may also print out the attached form and send it to Annie Szalay at email@example.com
- Starting wage for this position is $16.00 per hour with .50 increases every 6 months as long as the apprentice has achieved successful completion of the required course curriculum.
- Applicants may apply for prior credit as long as they provide reasonable documentation of experience and/or education.
- Must Complete an Interview – Note that Interviews will occur during the week of September 27.
Minimum Qualifications for the Apprentice Program are as follows:
- Must be a minimum of 18 years of age at time of employment and possess a state identification and social security number
- Must complete the Apprentice Program Application. Applicants must be United States citizens or have proper Immigration and Naturalization Service papers for working in the United States
- Complete an Interview
- Must be able to perform basic math, writing and computer related duties as well as have a sufficient educational understanding to take related Instruction training classes, understand safety regulations, and follow written and oral instructions. A high school diplomas or General Educational Development (GED) equivalency, or other high school equivalency credential is preferred, however, it is not required.
- Must be physically capable to complete the essential functions of the program, with or without a reasonable accommodation and without posing a direct threat to the health and safety of the individuals or others.
- Successful drug screening and abide by the company’s drug testing policy.
Key Performance Requirements:
- Complete the required course curriculum each year
- Demonstrate successful progress in skills, knowledge, and abilities in the program
- Maintain positive working relationships with all staff.
- Maintain acceptable attendance and good work habits
Equal Opportunity Statement:
KE&G provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws. KE&G complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. The policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training, apprenticeship, and/or on-the-job training.
Please feel free to contact Annie Szalay at firstname.lastname@example.org or 520-609-1021 regarding any questions about the Apprentice Program.