KE&G Construction Inc. is one of southern Arizona’s leading construction companies that specializes in underground utilities, heavy/civil transportation projects, paving, bridges, concrete work, and dirt work. We currently have an opening for an entry level field engineer. The ideal candidate for this job should have the following credentials:
- Graduate from an accredited college or university with a minimum of a Bachelor of Science degree in Civil Engineering, Construction Engineering or Construction Management
- Must possess functional knowledge of Microsoft Operating Systems and Office products.
- Must be able to lift and carry a minimum of 50 lbs.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and an acceptable past driving related history.
- Must be drug-free and be able to pass pre-employment and subsequent random drug screenings.
- Must be willing to work in both indoor and outdoor environments.
- Must be willing to relocate to Tucson, AZ.
- Each candidate is expected to have a positive attitude and be able to work with his/her fellow employees.
- Must be able to effectively communicate via written and oral communication as well as having well developed interpersonal skills.
- Have exceptional organizational skills and a take-charge attitude, with the ability to respond quickly and effectively under pressure and deadlines.
- Be able to work independently as well as in a team environment.
- Use of digital terrain modeling software in order to establish existing vs. design earthwork related quantities.
- Development and estimation of material quantities required for construction.
- Field verification of production quantities and rates of production.
- Monitor and track quality control issues of various materials related to the construction of various projects.
- Verification of material deliveries for conformance to project plans and specifications.
- Preparing and tracking project submittals.
- Under the direction of supervisory staff, assess structural and earthen materials with respect to allowable design loadings and their safe use by field personnel.
- Coordinate / schedule subcontractors and material deliveries.
- Assist Project Managers with pay applications, job forecasting, change orders, etc.
- Prior to project start, obtain all necessary permitting, have jobsite bluestaked (utilities located), review bid, plans and specifications.