Heavy Equipment Operator Apprenticeship Program
This is an excellent way to start a prosperous career with KE&G!
If you’d like to receive information or learn more about the program, please contact Alyssa Mantell at 520.437.3050 or email@example.com.
KE&G’s Apprenticeship Program consists of 6,000 hours of OJT, 432 hours of RIT and is registered with the State of Arizona Apprenticeship Office within the the Department of Economic Security. The Apprenticeship Program teaches a variety of operating skills that we feel are necessary for the development of a resourceful and well-rounded journeyman Operating Engineer.
Pertinent Information About the Program:
- When Apprentice positions become available, there will be a limited time to apply.
- Applicants must complete the Apprentice Program Application Form, either electronically or by filling out a paper application that can be found at KE&G’s headquarters.
- Applicants may receive credit for prior experience as long as they provide sufficient documentation of experience and/or education.
- Applicants must complete an interview.
- Must be at least 18 years of age at time of employment and possess a form of state identification (e.g. driver’s license) and social security card
- Applicants must be United States citizens or have proper Immigration and Naturalization Service papers for working in the United States.
- Must be able to perform basic reading, math, writing and computer related duties, as well as an aptitude for in-class learning with some self-study at home.
- Must understand safety regulations, and follow both written and oral instructions.
- A high school diploma or General Educational Development (GED) equivalency, or other high school equivalency credential.
- Must be physically capable of completing the essential functions of the program, without a reasonable accommodation and without posing a direct threat to the health and safety of the individual or others.
- Complete pre-employment drug screening and must abide by the company’s drug testing policy.
- Be dependable and punctual.
Key Performance Requirements:
- Complete the required course curriculum each year.
- Demonstrate successful progress in skills, knowledge, and abilities in the program.
- Maintain positive working relationships with all staff.
- Maintain acceptable attendance and good work habits.
Equal Opportunity Statement
KE&G provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws. KE&G complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. The policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training, apprenticeship, and/or on-the-job training.Please feel free to contact Alyssa Mantell at firstname.lastname@example.org or 520.437.3050 with any questions about the Apprenticeship Program.